Sunday, April 24, 2016

Fake It Till You Make It

 Dear Ron,
I think your little nod to Goya's Antonia Zarate is lovely.
IMO you've done the Old Master proud. Antonia's eyes follow me around the room better than a portrait in a B grade Gothic horror flick.
I just wish you didn't sign your name with a permanent marker! A little scribble in a bottom corner would've been so much nicer.
Love, Kylie
"Spanish Eyes" (portrait of Antonia Zarate 1805, after Goya) Ron Clarke, 2011. Two dollars op-shop. 
Are You In This? Original British World War 1 recruitment poster. Anthony's Christmas present last year. Priceless.
The quoits were my Nan and Pop's and the primitive little table is from the Depression era.

Note: apologies for the preponderance of real estate posts. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (and that most of the homes I've featured aren't either), but as I've mentioned before they're an easy way in and I've had fun writing them. I will write about other stuff - I'm not a real estate agent in sheep's clothing. Promise ;)

As always, thanks for reading x







8 comments:

  1. Hello old gal! lovely to read you again, I for one, love shopping for a new home on ya Blog....more more!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for cheering me on Daize x

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO NOT STOP THE REAL ESTATE SNOOPING, PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I hear you sista!
      Will do my best to comply (should be easy - I'm a little bit addicted)

      Delete
  4. Everything in this picture is fabulous. What a wonderful vignette Kylie. And Antonia is rather charming. (But permanent marker, really?! And not even right down the bottom, but up towards her shoulder).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I always enjoy your real estate posts, even if I don't always comment (I'm often just a little speechless – or too busy trying to figure out who's room will be who's).

      Delete
  5. I looooove your "Little" Posts and you know it ...
    Love and hugs and xxx, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks right at home there :-) dee x

    ReplyDelete